Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30385 - 01/06/12 10:32 AM Change Customer in Order Entry after posting
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

Loc: Winnipeg
Is there anyway to change the customer in an order after it is posted. I realize that I can change the billto and shipto info, but thats not what i want to do. I can copy the order and delete the old one, but I am looking for a simpler way.

Doug

#30386 - 01/06/12 10:59 AM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: doug]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Sorry, but copying and deleting is the only way here. It gives Adagio an opportunity to re-price (and perhaps re-tax) an order.

Is this a common occurrence for you?`

#30389 - 01/06/12 12:03 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Retired_Guy]
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

Yes, we need to do about 75 to 100 times a month. Our sales reps do not know the customer billing information for custom built wheelchairs until the after the product is delivered to the customer(freedon of information act). But we need to create a demand in inventory so that purchase orders will order it. So we currenty invoice all orders to the Sales Reps Account and do a credit and rebill to the actual customer when information is available.

Doug

#30390 - 01/06/12 12:52 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: doug]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Doug

What you want is even more impossible to change than what you asked for. You are not just posting the orders, you are invoicing them.

There is no system worth using that would let someone change the customer code for a posted invoice.

Steve

#30393 - 01/06/12 01:21 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Doug:

Why not auto generate PO's off of the order? You don't need to invoice it.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#30592 - 01/23/12 11:35 AM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Douglas Dickie]
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

Thanks for the input.

Steve, I realize that changing a completed invoice is not possible in any good accounting system. We only do a credit and rebil to give a paper trail in the computer of when the products leave the premisis, because its not in the customers name. It would be to easy to cancel and order and lose track of inventory. All the above is a work around because we cant change the billto after order is created.

Doug, we could still generate POs off the order, buth the order will still need the billto changed.

Thanks for the ideas

Doug

#30593 - 01/23/12 11:51 AM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: doug]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello Doug,

I don't quite understand why the information about the recipient is secret before the wheelchair is built, but known afterwords - perhaps one day you can explain that.

However, it appears that you are looking for the ability to change the customer code when you edit an order. From an accounting point of view, I'm not sure why that should be unavailable. (I know why it's not available from a technical point of view - but that's a different issue.)

That means the feature suggestion is:
Quote:

Please allow me to change the customer code when editing an order that has not been invoiced.

Correct?

#30594 - 01/23/12 12:06 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Retired_Guy]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Doug:

My apologies, you are correct that even with no invoice the customer code on an order cannot be changed.

Andrew:

I can't speak for Doug but I would definitely like to request this feature change.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#30595 - 01/23/12 02:29 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

OK, but this is the first request in 10 years of Adagio, it was not mentioned in a single Adagio Wish campaign, and there is a fairly straightforward copy / delete mechanism that accomplishes the same purpose. We'll see if there is a groundswell of support now that it has been put forward!

#30598 - 01/23/12 03:06 PM Re: Change Customer in Order Entry after posting [Re: Retired_Guy]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Just to confirm the current behaviour of customer editing on OE orders, as a basis for discussion:

- When MultiCurrency is not used, you can edit the customer code while creating a new order. Once the order is posted, editing an existing order does not provide access to the customer number field.
- It is never allowed when MultiCurrency is enabled, even if all you have done is chosen to create a new order. There is underlying currency information on the order that would be difficult to change with the customer.

- Because customers can have different price levels, alternate price lists and Special prices, what would the expected results be if you edited an existing order where different pricing applied? Are you OK with leaving prices exactly as they are, or do you want the new customer's pricing for each of the items to automatically update?
- Similarly, there would be an expectation that Taxes would automatically update if the new customer has a different tax Group or Status that the original customer, correct?
- Also, should other information such as Ship-To address codes, Salesperson, Terms, Payments and other default OE values get loaded from the customer (and ship-to code) or the order left as is?
- What should happen if an Invoice is posted instead of a change to the Order?

These are things to keep in mind for this 'simple' change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18