Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51025 - 09/16/16 02:00 PM E-print sorting of batch types
Braedon Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: BC
I am trying to start using E-print rather than paper more often in our office.

My issue is that programs like AR and AP produce various types of batches which by default go to the \receivable\general or \payable\general files.

We would like to split these out to have a folder, or sub-folder, for Cash, Invoices, Adjustments, and Check, Invoice, Adjustment respectively.

In reviewing the in program help it appears that there are several %xxx modifiers that can be used with the file names to setup prefrences for E-printing in the company profile.

It appears that using \Receivables\general%btt should split them by batch type but when tested this does nothing different than \Receivables\general

I have tried changing it to \receivables\general%usr to split it by user and this does create a new file and sorts E-prints by who printed them.

Both the %btt and %usr commands are from the same list in the programs help options so I don’t understand why they are not both working.

If anyone has a tip for this I would be greatful

#51026 - 09/16/16 02:21 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Braedon]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Braedon.

It seems to be having trouble creating the Folder if it is not there. I added the %btt parameter to Payables General and ePrinted an Invoice Batch Listing. It went to ..Payables\General. I created a Folder "Invoices" under the "General" Folder and repeated the process. The PDF was placed in the Invoices Folder.

#51027 - 09/16/16 02:59 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Retired_Guy]
Braedon Offline
Adagio Fan

Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be working for me.
I have tried it in all kinds of permutations.

If I set the E-print folder to payable\general%btt or payable\general\%btt it still just goes to the general file.

I created the invoices file under general as you suggested but payable/e-print does not recognize it and still printed to payable/general

It did create a new parables/generalbr file automatically when I tried the user variable.

Could it be that the data used by %btt to identify the type of batch is somehow not being generated therefore appearing to be blank to E-print?

I can do Payables\general\%usr which gives Payables\general\br or I can do payables\general%usr which gives Payables\generalbr so maybe the data %btt uses is missing?

#51028 - 09/16/16 03:13 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Braedon]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Braedon,

On the screen where you print a particular report, do you have an 'eP Options' button on the right side? This is where you can configure the file name and save location for a specific report. Settings in the Company Profile are general defaults, but the actually used settings are saved with the report.

After opening the eP Options, this is where you would set the desired path and file name. Then, you can check it will save to the desired name and location by selecting 'PDF' in the Print Destination field at the bottom of the screen.

It doesn't appear that the %BTT code is coded to translate to Invoices / Cash / Adjustments from this location. It seems to only be supported for the Batch Status report, not the batch listings - maybe because the batch type is known. So I guess rather than using %BTT, you could instead specifically indicate 'Invoices' or the desired batch type.

Edited by Softrak Support (09/16/16 03:15 PM)
Edit Reason: more information

#51029 - 09/16/16 03:13 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Braedon]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Please check carefully that your path is
Code:
Payables\General\%btt
and the Folder you have created is
Code:
Payables\General\Invoices

#51030 - 09/16/16 03:33 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Softrak Support]
Braedon Offline
Adagio Fan

I have the eP options button. I can change this to hard code Payables/general/invoices and it works. However this would mean users would have to change it each time for each type of batch.

I would believe that that %btt option did not work but then why is it listed in the help section under "ePrint Report Codes" which clearly says that "Eprint report codes may be used within Eprint reports and faborites' folder and FILE NAMES."

Also the other user who replied somehow was able to make this work for his system.

#51031 - 09/16/16 03:34 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Retired_Guy]
Braedon Offline
Adagio Fan

Yes I have checked that my file paths match as per your description Andrew. I have checked for invoices, and tried it for Checks/Adjust and I have checked and tested in both AR and AP

#51032 - 09/16/16 03:43 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Braedon]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

That first path in my post, with the "%btt" place holder, is entered in the Company Profile. Are we talking about the same place?

#51033 - 09/16/16 03:49 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Retired_Guy]
Braedon Offline
Adagio Fan

Yes under company profile/statement and reports tab in AR and Company profile/report options tab in AP

#51035 - 09/16/16 05:07 PM Re: E-print sorting of batch types [Re: Braedon]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Of course, it worked for me because I specifically changed the Folder in the Company Profile to "General\Invoices" - DOH. Must be Friday afternoon. Sorry.

It works for the Batch Status reports. We will add a suggestion that this work additionally for the various program batch listings.

My apologies again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
2 registered (Bruce Gardner, Cynosure), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18