Topic Options
#49 - 05/12/99 03:53 PM QuikCheckPlus for Windows v. 6.1B
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are using an IBM ProPrinter to print impact checks, 7 inches long. It
worked under our old DOS version of QuikCheck.

Page 4-39 The ProPrinter appears to have a dip switch that changes page
length between 11 and 12 inches. I don't find an option for 7 inches.
Page 4-12 has escape codes: "Set Form Length in Inches
Format: ESC C;0;n
Sets the form length in inches. This sequence overides the setting of the form length swith (switch 4). This sequence also sets the current position of the paper as the top of form.
LPRINT CHR$ (27); CHR$(67);chr4(0); CHRS(n);
or
LPRINT CHR$(27); "C";CHRS$(0);chr$(N);"

What do I do with this? Put it somewhere in the Win98 printer setup? If so, where?

Why do you assume we all giving up our duplicate copies from impact form
checks???????

Page 8-13 of the QuikCheck manual tells how to set a custom page size, but then says to always use the default with dot matrix printers.

In the old version we could print a "dummy" check to see if the spec
worked. With the new version and Print Alignment Checks, though we've only
tried to print one check, once, it has "used" 5 check numbers. Can we
just print a "dummy" check. Alternatively, we went to the typewriter and
wrote 7 checks. These are entered in QuikCheck as not printed. Is there a
way to change them to print - we have a supply of old poorly printed checks
that we don't use and could use to check the settings.

Thank you. I'm sure some of this is unfamiliarity with the program, but
how can we get familiar with it if we can't print checks?

By the way, the ProPrinter acts like it received information, moves the paper forward several inches, but doesn't print the check.

Thank you.

#50 - 05/12/99 07:22 PM Re: QuikCheckPlus for Windows v. 6.1B
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello CCE,

Softrak products do not assume anything about your printer. You may wish to contact MicroSoft or the Manufacturer of your printer or your Computer Dealer to help you with the printer driver. QCW uses Windows printer drivers; Softrak does not write them.

For the other question, I am missing some crucial information:
Which version of QCW do you have? What is the release date on the diskettes? From your description, it does not sound as if you are on the current release of QCW. The current version is QCW 61B dated 99-02-15.

#51 - 05/13/99 07:06 AM Re: QuikCheckPlus for Windows v. 6.1B
Anonymous
Unregistered

QCW 61B dated 99-02-15 is what we have. <P>Page 4-39 of the QCB manual says "Quick Check Plus for Windows was designed to print checks on a laser printer. Although it can print checks on a dot matrix printer, it is recommended that a laser printer by used."<P>For the price of this product, I we should be able to use our dot matrix printer, especially a standard like the IBM ProPrinter. Please provide technical support.<P>I don't mean to be snippy, but we've been struggling with this for a week now. The bookkeeper is writing checks by hand. This was an upgrade from DOS Quik Check, and should do the things the old Quik Check did plus more, not less.

#52 - 05/13/99 03:19 PM Re: QuikCheckPlus for Windows v. 6.1B
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello CCE,

Because Quik Check for Windows is a Windows-based product, its interaction with dot matrix printer drivers may not be fully supported. More specifically, it is often not possible for a Windows application to recognize the page breaks for a dot matrix printer driver.

The key to allowing you to print checks on your dot matrix printer is setting up a form feed for 7" on your printer. In other words, can you set up your printer, either through dip switches or menus on the printer, or through the driver itself, to have the page length as 7"? When you press the form feed button on the printer, it would eject only 7" and not 11". If you can do this, then you will have success printing your checks.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (Bruce Gardner), 38 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18