Topic Options
#51349 - 10/25/16 03:27 PM Purchase Order/Inventory Interface
DCK Offline
Stranger

Loc: WA
We currently are using the PO system only to track item quantities and do not use the interface with the AP or GL system.

However, the Purchase order system is posting recent cost and cost 1, cost 2 to the inventory system as well as accumulating Total costs in the inventory system. How do we prevent this interface so that no costs are added to the inventory system? How do we prevent the accumulation of total costs in the inventory system?

#51350 - 10/25/16 05:25 PM Re: Purchase Order/Inventory Interface [Re: DCK]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
What version of Purchase Orders are you using? I ask because Adagio PurchaseOrders version 8.1C and later require integration with AP, so it would be interesting to know if you are using a Purchase Orders version older than this, or if you simply have a set of unused AP data so that your Purchase Orders will work.

In the Adagio PurchaseOrders company profile, on the System Options tab, there settings for what value is used to update the IC Most Recent Cost and other costs. One of the settings is 'Do not update', so that changed recent costs on posted purchase orders to not change values on Inventory items. Is this what you were looking for?

If your purchase orders and receipts have non-zero costs on item details, I do not believe you can prevent transaction costs from flowing to IC Transaction History, nor can you prevent Total Costs from being updated on the items. I suspect you would have to ensure that all IC items have all costs equal to zero, if all you are doing is tracking quantities and not costs.

You may need to get your Adagio consultant involved, depending on how you have your Purchase Orders program configured.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18