Topic Options
#43308 - 10/24/14 03:15 PM creating next fiscal year problem
Helen Offline
Stranger

Loc: California
Hello,

I am attempting to create a new fiscal year in adagio GL and I am running into a problem.

My fiscal year ended 9/30/14.

However, I have posted invoices and printed checks in adagio payables for October 2014 ( a fiscal period I have not yet created in Ledger)

So now I have batches in Ledger for Fiscal period 99 that have errors (obviously not valid fiscal period) and I do not know how to post these so I can open the next fiscal year.

Please help!!!

thank you in advance for your kind assistance!!!

Sincerely,

#43309 - 10/24/14 03:56 PM Re: creating next fiscal year problem [Re: Helen]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Helen,

What version of Adagio Ledger are you running?

If it is version 9.0A or later, then you have the ability of opening the Next Year before closing the Current Year. This means that when retrieving batches from Payables or elsewhere around the year end time, assigning the fiscal period by date, the entries will be automatically created in the appropriate Current Year or Next Year batch. If you had opened the Next Fiscal year before retrieving that Oct 2014 batch fro Payables, they would have already been created as a Ledger batch for the correct year and period.

What you need to do now - if you have Ledger 9.0A or later - is Open the next fiscal year now. Then you can copy/move that batch with fiscal period 99 to the Next fiscal year batch system and recalculate the period from the transaction date.

We have a Tech tip checklist on performing year end in version 9.0 of Adagio Ledger. It is a bit outdated but the essentials are there.

There are 4 short videos on our website that describe the year end process in Adagio Ledger. The first two are not particular to your immediate concern - Entering budgets for Next year and Closing income/expense accounts - but the other two may be - Opening the Next fiscal year and Closing a Fiscal Year.

Also, there is a one-hour recorded webinar on performing year end in Ledger, which covers a little bit more than the 4 videos above but is significantly longer.

If you are running a version of Ledger at 8.1A or earlier, then the solution is to archive the batch, complete year end, and restore the batch from archive, and edit the fiscal period.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18